Job Description – Chris is an associate advisor who supports our clients in a myriad of investment, tax, retirement, and other financial planning analysis.
Chris has been working with clients in the wealth management industry for over seven years. Before that, Chris worked as a technology management analyst for six years. He combines his extensive technical skills with business and financial acumen to assist clients through information technology.
At Johanson Financial Advisors, Chris is involved in developing and implementing comprehensive financial plans for our clients. He is a resourceful member of the investment committee that researches and analyzes securities, develops investment strategies, and monitors client investment portfolios. Chris also assists in providing tax preparation and tax planning services to our clients.
- Campbell University, North Carolina - Master of Trust and Wealth Management, Summa Cum Laude
- Western Illinois University, Illinois – Bachelor of Business in Information Management
- Series 7, 66
Getting to know Chris –
Originally from Malaysia, Chris came to the US about 20 years ago to further his study (or maybe to escape the heat). Chris is fluent in English, Mandarin, Cantonese, and Malay.
Chris enjoys spending time with his wife Ivy travelling, searching for good food, watching movies, and volunteering for an animal rescue group. Chris loves to maintain an active lifestyle, and he is into all kinds of watersports: snorkeling, kayaking, paddle boarding, and other outdoor activities such as running and hiking.
- Favorite food: Sushi, fried chicken, steak
- Favorite quote: Common sense is not that common
- Best piece of financial advice received: Save when you can, spend while you can
- Favorite holiday: Christmas
- Place Chris would most like to visit: Machu Picchu
- Something on Chris’s bucket list: Scuba diving
- Why Chris likes working at JFA – I enjoy working at JFA because we have a great team with different professional backgrounds and expertise to serve our client needs. And we all have a common goal: striving to provide exceptional values to our clients, through our dedication, self-improvement, and passion about what we do.