Portfolio Manager - Director of Tax
Job Description – As Director of Tax, David assists clients in making the tax planning and compliance process less costly and less painful. Additionally, as a Portfolio Manager, David assists clients by first helping them better understand their goals and aspirations followed by designing a financial and investment plan that will enable them to achieve these goals.
Education and Affiliations – In 1994 David received his Master’s Degree in Accounting (emphasis in taxation) and Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from Brigham Young University. David is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and has successfully passed his Series 65 Exam, qualifying him as a Registered Investment Advisor (RIA). David is also a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the California Society of CPAs.
Getting to Know David –
David is the father of seven children and loves spending time with his family. When not working, David can be found watching soccer games, band performances, camping, backpacking and pursuing his photography hobby. David and his family have driven around the country twice (once in 2006 and again in 2010) enjoying many national/state parks, LDS church history sites and the interesting cities on the way. David also enjoys spending time serving in his church.
- Biggest accomplishment: Raising seven beautiful children
- Something on David’s bucket list: Travel to Israel, Jordan and Egypt with my wife
- Favorite quote: “Pain is weakness leaving the body” (I keep telling myself this while exercising)
- Favorite movie: The Lord of the Rings (all three parts)
- Why David likes working at JFA: I enjoy the people I have the privilege to work with, both clients and fellow employees. JFA provides a structured environment where all can grow and learn in a friendly and supportive manner. Because of JFA’s diverse clientele, I am able to utilize experiences from prior client interactions/experiences to create customized solutions to satisfy each client need.